California children may have been sickened by meth-tainted Halloween candy  – NY Daily News

TO GO WITH AFP STORY BY VIRGINIE MONTET "USA-SOCIETE-ENFANT-CONSOMMATION-INSOLITE"

KAREN BLEIER/AFP/GETTY IMAGES

Cops in Southern California are investigating two cases in which kids appeared to be sickened by meth-tainted Halloween candy. In one case, package of Smarties candies a boy was eating in Moreno Valley tested positive for the drug.

Trick-or-treaters in Southern California may have been sickened by Halloween treats tainted with methamphetamine, cops said.

Investigators were looking into at least two cases were tykes tested positive for meth after snacking on candy they collected going door to door last week.

In one case, a 2-year-old boy was rushed to a hospital on Saturday after becoming sick from candy he ate at a friend’s house in Moreno Valley, NBC Los Angeles reported.

RELATED: ‘BREAKING BAD’-INSPIRED MOCK TOMBSTONE INSPIRES REAL CONTROVESY

Investigators said Monday that some Smarties candies from a package the boy was eating tested positive for meth.

In both cases, the children, 2 and 6, showed signs of meth ingestion after eating Halloween candy. 

NBCLOSANGELES.COM

In both cases, the children, 2 and 6, showed signs of meth ingestion after eating Halloween candy.

The results were sent to the Department of Justice for further investigation after other Smarties not collected by the boy also tested positive for the drug.

Cops believed the tot collected the poisoned treats from a home on the 25000 block of Calabria Dr.

RELATED: NYPD CONFUSED JOLLY RANCHERS FOR CRYSTAL METH: SUIT

In the second case, a 6-year-old boy tested positive for meth ingestion at Orange County hospital on Sunday, Huntington Beach Police said, but cops haven’t linked it back to his Halloween haul.

“We know it was one of the things he was doing before he became sick, or under the influence,” Huntington Beach Police Department Lt. Mitch O’Brien told NBC News.

Joey Ramirez, of Moreno Valley, whose child was not sickened, said he was tossing his son's Halloween candy as a precaution. 

NBCLOSANGELES.COM

Joey Ramirez, of Moreno Valley, whose child was not sickened, said he was tossing his son’s Halloween candy as a precaution.

That boy, who is not from Huntington Beach, collected his candy from a house near Beach Boulevard and Atlanta Ave., cops said.

RELATED: CHILDREN HORRIBLY ENDANGERED BY PARENTS WHO MAKE THEIR OWN METH

Moreno Valley and Huntington Beach are a little more than an hour away from each other.

The scare spooked some parents in the region into tossing their children’s stash.

“I told him I was going to throw out the candy, and all he said was, ‘No!'” said Joey Ramirez, of Moreno Valley, told NBC Los Angeles.

California children may have been sickened by meth-tainted Halloween candy  – NY Daily News.

 

Views – 106

%d bloggers like this: