Decentralization, Mandatory Residency And The Completely Autonomous Community Control Of The Police & Public Safety
A REAL Solution To Police Misconduct, Brutality & Murder Inside Of Black, Brown & Oppressed U.S.A. Communities Has Existed For Decades; But Is Largely Ignored As An Answer To Institutionalized Police Union Politics & Terrorism, Because It Was Brilliantly Developed By Former Members Of The “Original’ Young Lords, Black Panther Party and Black Liberation Army.The Following Outline Is A Clear Example Of What This Structure Would Look Like & How It Could Be Realized In
What Is Presently The United States Largest Domestic Police Occupied “Territory” aka New York City.
1. Decentralization Of The NYPD By Electoral Referendum
– A Referendum to Decentralize the NYPD & to institute Autonomous Community Controlled Police Precincts
will be put on the ballot in order for an informed NYC population to vote it into law on election day.Why:
– The Legislative & Judicial System alone will never institute any real change in law enforcement/public safety because they, as a whole, are a part of that system. The referendum is the most effective tool for bypassing the
usual legislative red tape, police union lobbyists and partisan party politics because it can legally & swiftly
represent the will of the people and not require any executive branch stamp of approval by a Mayor and/or the Governor.
– Concerned Constitutional, Human Rights & Activist Attorneys and/or Law Firms will utilize their resources to research the city, state and federal laws in order to provide the legal terminology & legal strategy needed for both
the elected officials and the community to have the Decentralization Referendum put on the ballot for election day.– Concerned Elected Officials will utilize the legal research provided by the lawyers in order to introduce the necessary resolutions, proclamations and/or legislative bill needed to put the Decentralization Referendum on the ballot for election day.
– Concerned Grassroots Neighborhood Organizations, Community Activists, Students, Clergy, Progressive Labor Unions and Concerned Music/Sports/Film & Television Entertainment Personalities will all join forces to conduct an intense year long city-wide educational outreach campaign consisting of town hall meetings, community teach-ins, workshops, marches, rally’s, demonstrations & propaganda to create an informed NYC population by election day.
2. Autonomous Community Control Of The Police
– Each and every police precinct in NYC would be totally controlled by the people actually living in
the neighborhood/district/ward/parish/community etc… that the precinct is located in.
– To permanently eliminate the current “good ole boy- police family business” system of politically motivated Police Commissioners and all of the other useless, ceremonial, overpaid, corrupted & racist police union influenced NYPD “brass” that currently mismanages the centralized public safety & legal justice system in NYC.
– A duly elected Public Safety Community Board would be voted into term office in order to provide independent civilian complaint reviews, disciplinary action and a general over site of the police precinct which is located in that clearly identified neighborhood/district/ward/parish/community etc.
3. Mandatory Police Residency
– Without exception, each and every police officer will be required to reside and actually live in the exact same community precinct that he/she works in.
– Mandatory residency will create an atmosphere where police officers will have a vested interest in the people and community that they work in because it is the same community where they live and where their children go to school.
– Financially speaking; Mandatory residency both eliminates police officer travel to work expenses while also bringing an economic boost into the community that officers & their families will invest and shop in.
– Mandatory residency will effectively help to end the police mentality of being an “occupying army” which shoots & brutalizes “the natives” because the officers and the citizens will really get to know each other both on & off the job because they are all a part of the same community.
– A predetermined grace period will be given to current police precinct officers to either move into the neighborhood and become a part of the community or to go work somewhere else.
– Just as private companies & government agencies recruit college graduates; The Community will also utilize incentives, applications, interviews and quality assessments in order to recruit prospective graduates from the “restructured” NYC Police Academy to live and work in their neighborhood controlled police precinct.
4. Term Elections Of Neighborhood Precinct Commanders
– Decentralization of the NYPD will eliminate the need and/or existence of high salaried Police “Brass” and the Police Commissioner in favor of a community elected Precinct Captain who will reside in and supervise all of the public safety officers that the police precinct is located in.
– The current system allows for insider appointments, biased promotions, racism, cronyism and the internal transferring of corrupt and/or incompetent precinct captains from one precinct to another.
– The “new” community controlled system would be hold the elected precinct commander accountable to the people in general and the Public Safety Community Board in particular.
– Just as most small cities do in selecting their Town Sheriff; The captain or commanding officer of each and every police precinct in NYC will campaign and run for office in order to be be duly elected to that term office position by the people who actually live in the neighborhood/district/ward/parish/community that the precinct is located in.
In conclusion, this outline was produced and distributed in the hope that the aforementioned and concerned elected officials, lawyers, clergy, students, youth advocates, parents, educators, activists and members of the media will immediately request, review and respond to the “Complete Strategic Struggle Plan” in order for us all to sincerely engage in some critical dialog & serious organizing to stop all this law enforcement madness with total Community Control, Mandatory Residency & Decentralization of the New York City Police Department (NYPD)
For Information, Questions, Presentations & To Receive “The Complete Document”…
Contact Us Both At: email@example.com& Panthershepcat@aol.com
Build To Win
Sadiki “Bro. Shep” Olugbala and
Dhoruba Bin Wahad“POLICE REFORM” Iz Not A Solution: Here’ss The Only ~ “NON-VIOLENT” ~ STRATEGIC ANSWER” To End Police Misconduct, Brutality, Murder & Terrorism! | Moorbey’z Blog.
Views – 78