teacher ‘had sex with student 231 times during two-year affair’

A former Vernon, B.C. elementary school teacher Deborah Ashton is on trial for an alleged affair she had with a young student that spanned years and comprised hundreds of encountersA former Vernon, B.C. elementary school teacher Deborah Ashton is on trial for an alleged affair she had with a young student that spanned years and comprised hundreds of encounters

A former teacher and vice principal is accused of being intimate with a student 231 times over two years.

The alleged victim, who is now 22, testified in court today at Vernon Public School teacher Deborah Ashton’s retrial in B.C.

The 22-year-old is the prime witness in the case and accused his former elementary school teacher of being intimate with him more than 200 times during their two-year affair which started when he was in grade 7 and went on for two years.

Ashton is being tried again on charges of invitation to sexual touching, sexual interference of a person under 14 and sexual assault after her first trial in 2011 ended in a hung jury.

Under questioning from defence lawyer Terry La Liberte, the man said not all of their encounters were explicitly sexual, according to CBC News.

He said sometimes only kissing was involved, but 20 to 30 per cent of their intimacy involved intercourse, which took place in her car.

But the alleged victim’s truthfulness has been questioned after he couldn’t remember details about her car or even that she has a tattoo on her stomach.

Scene: Ashton was the teacher and vice principal of Vernon Public School in B.C. when she was accused of the affairScene: Ashton was the teacher and vice principal of Vernon Public School in B.C. when she was accused of the affair

He claimed that Ashton got the tattoo later, and that she was wearing a shirt during all of the encounters.

No one saw the two involved in sex acts, and the boy never told anyone about them until about two years after they ended.

Mr LaLiberte said to the man when he insisted he was telling the truth: ‘No, you’re not sir. You made this up at the basketball camp and this is how you got into this.

Yesterday he testified that Ashton, who was 37 when she allegedly started the relationship, told him she had to end their affair for fear her husband would find out.

The crown has added two more charges to Ashton and several witnesses to the case. She had pleaded not guilty to all charges.

The trial is scheduled to continue for another ten days.

Views – 223

FBI arrests former white male San Bernardino school teacher for child pornography

RUNNING SPRINGS – A former San Bernardino middle school teacher could face 20 years in federal prison after being charged with exchanging sexually explicit photos with a 13-year-old New Jersey girl.

Eugene Ballantyne, 29, of Running Springs appeared Tuesday in U.S. District Court in Riverside on one count of receiving and distributing child pornography, according to the FBI’s Los Angeles division.

Ballantyne taught social studies at Arrowview Middle School until two weeks ago, when the accusations came out.

Federal agents arrested Ballantyne at his home Tuesday morning.

During an FBI search at his home March 1, Ballantyne admitted to agents that he had been communicating with the girl in South Brunswick, N.J., since January, according to the criminal complaint. He also said he received pornographic images from another girl he met two years earlier and that he traveled 180 miles to have sex with a third child, FBI officials said.

Ballantyne met the New Jersey girl on an Internet chat site, according to the complaint. He went by the name John Baldwin. Ballantyne allegedly sent nude pictures of himself to the girl and received partially nude, sexually suggestive photos of the alleged victim.

FBI officials said he was demanding during phone conversations with the girl and persuaded her to engage in sexual activity while they talked.

He also asked the victim to delete his pictures, text messages and emails and told the girl not to tell anyone about their relationship, according to the complaint.

The complaint filed by the U.S. Attorney’s Office says Ballantyne sent messages expressing his love for the child.

“Really it’s so nice to have you in my life. I only wish you were here so I could really express my feelings for you,” he wrote in one of his notes.

The South Brunswick Police Department began investigating the case when a parent of the child reported the relationship earlier this year.

In court proceedings Tuesday before Judge David T. Bristow, an FBI agent testified that Ballantyne contacted a 13-year-old female student at Arrowview – a day after federal agents served a search warrant at his home.

Special Agent Jeffrey Stiff testified that Brinda Leon, a human-resources official at San Bernardino City Unified School District, told him just before the court proceedings that Ballantyne had contacted the Arrowview student via Facebook at 8:30 p.m. March 2.

“Mr. Ballantyne stated that he liked a young girl. He asked if she ever kissed a boy,” Stiff testified, in summary. The girl felt “uncomfortable” and told a principal, who told Leon, Stiff said.

The testimony was the “tipping” point for Bristow, who said he had been considering a conditional release for Ballantyne. Instead, Bristow said he was concerned about potential harm to the community and ordered the defendant held in custody of federal marshals.

But the judge added that he was willing to reconsider his decision if new information develops after federal prosecutors investigate the incident further.

Ballantyne returns to U.S. District Court in Riverside for a preliminary hearing March 27. An arraignment was scheduled for April 4.

Bristow ordered Ballantyne into the custody of U.S. marshals.

San Bernardino City Unified School District placed Ballantyne on paid administrative leave March 1, when the FBI told the district agents were searching his house. Ballantyne, who was hired in July 2010, resigned March 2, and parents were mailed a letter that day.

“The district takes all accusations of sexual misconduct seriously,” district spokeswoman Linda Bardere said before learning of Stiff’s testimony. “At this point, and it also comes out in the FBI report, we have no reason to believe Arrowview Middle School students were involved or in danger.”

However, investigators suspect he may have more victims.

Students at Arrowview Middle School painted conflicting pictures of Ballantyne on Tuesday, although none gave their names because of the sensitivity of the topic and their fears of retribution.

“Anyone who says that must be lying,” said one seventh- grade girl who said Ballantyne had substitute taught her class several times. “He’s a good teacher, and he’s nice. He wasn’t `too’ nice, though, you know?”

Other students said they had suspicions even before the accusations became public.

“He’d look at some of the girls `perv-y,’ and he was always going from happy to mean,” said an eighth-grade boy who had taken his class.

Neighbors said Ballantyne and his wife were a trusted member of a close-knit street.

“He was a super nice, church-going guy,” said neighbor Tylor Newman. “I never expected it. It’s just such a shocker.”

School Board President Barbara Flores said the school board was updated as soon as the FBI contacted district officials.

Anyone with information about this case or on additional victims may call the FBI at 888-226-8443.

Views – 125

Forced to perform sex acts for food and beaten with a paddle called ‘Mr Awesome’: Horrific life of four children ‘tortured by white adoptive parents’ is revealed

Aubrey and Laura ThomasAubrey and Laura Thomas

Accused: Laura Thomas, 47, left, and Aubrey Thomas, 58, right has been accused of violently beating and sexually abusing their four adopted children.

A couple have been arrested for violently beating their four adopted children and forcing them to perform sex acts in a disturbing catalogue of abuse which police say amounts to torture.

Aubrey Thomas, 58, and his wife Laura, 47, have been accused of forcing the children to throw up and eat their own vomit, beating them with a large paddle called ‘Mr Awesome’ and then making them soak in a bath of ice to reduce swelling from the abuse.

Investigators described the family’s Oklahoma home, where the two girls and two boys now aged between 13 and 15 lived, as a ‘house of horrors’.

The children said they were sexually abused, claiming they were forced to eat gum off Aubrey Thomas’ penis and made to perform oral sex on their adoptive siblings in exchange for food.

The Thomas’ also allegedly forced them to put urine soaked underwear in their mouths if they wet the bed and forced them to eat horse manure for not cleaning a horse pen, reports News9.com.

The couple is facing a series of child abuse charges.

The couple, who lived in Rogers County, became foster parents in 2001 and took in six children.

In 2003, the Oklahoma Department of Human Services removed two of the children from their home after finding evidence of abuse, Osage County Undersheriff Lou Ann Brown told Tulsa World.

But the couple were able to keep the other four children and moved to Osage County west of Sperry in 2006.

Investigators described the family's Oklahoma home, pictured, where the two girls and two boys now aged between 13 and 15 lived, as a 'house of horrors'

Investigators described the family’s Oklahoma home, pictured, where the two girls and two boys now aged between 13 and 15 lived, as a ‘house of horrors’

In October, the Osage County Sheriff’s Office was called in to investigate after one of the girls, who had been put into a psychiatric facility, revealed the allegations to a counselor, reports the Tulsa World.

Investigators say the home schooled children, who were all found to be malnourished, were coached not to say anything about the alleged abuse.

Osage County sheriff’s investigator Justin Kling’s reports says the girls, particularly, were singled out for ‘heinous abuse’, reports the Tulsa World.

Kling was able to track down a biological daughter of the Thomas’ who had moved away in 2008. She echoed the stories of abuse.

‘It’s probably one of the worst cases that I know of that’s happened around here in a long time,’ Brown told News9.com.

‘To treat a child like that is beyond my imagination.’

The four children are now in protective custody.

The DHS released a statement to News9.com saying: ‘We are rigorously reviewing this case to find any mistakes made by our agency or others during the years of involvement with this family.

‘This is absolutely intolerable. It is our mission to protect children and we will take whatever corrective action is needed to ensure this does not happen in the future.’

Views – 111

white male ‘drugged, raped and murdered his daughter, 14, just months after being granted custody’

Mark Edward Mesiti and his daughter Alycia Mark Edward Mesiti and his daughter Alycia

Charges: Mark Edward Mesiti, 43, is accused of raping and murdering his 14-year-old daughter Alycia

Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty for a California man accused to raping and killing his 14-year-old-daughter before burying her body in the backyard of their home.

Mark Edward Mesiti, 44, allegedly drugged and sexually abused his daughter Alycia before killing her in August 2006, just months after a judge granted him custody of his daughter and son, according to court documents.

The Stanislaus County District Attorney’s Office said it is seeking the death penalty because of a ‘special enhancement’ to charges against Mr Mesiti. Those charges accuse Mesiti of committing murder ‘before or during’ rape, sodomy and oral copulation, according to court documents.

Prosecutor Annette Rees made the announcement Monday during a pretrial hearing.

Mesiti also faces additional charges of molesting two other girls, one age 8 and the other while she was 16 and 17, according to prosecutors.

Mesiti committed most of the sexual assaults against his daughter while she was drugged, sometimes with anesthesia, according to criminal complaint documents obtained by the Modesto Bee.

The documents claim Mesiti molested Alycia from July 2005 through May 2006.

A Santa Clara County Superior Court judge awarded Mesiti custody of Alycia and her brother despite Mesiti’s substantial criminal history.

Alycia Augusta Mesiti-Allen

Alycia Mesiti was 14 when she disappeared from her Ceres, California home

Mesiti, records show, had committed several federal and state crimes, including bank fraud and drunk driving. He had also been charged with domestic violence and ordered to attend anger-management classes, according to the San Jose Mercury News.

Alycia disappeared from her home in Ceres, California in August 2006. At the time Mr Mesiti told police investigators that his daughter had vanished after setting off on a camping trip with some friends and her pet Chihuahua.

The case was elevated from a disappearance to a homicide investigation in 2009 only after the retirement of a Ceres detective who had been assigned to the case. At that point Ceres police officials ordered a new round of interviews in the case.

Shortly afterwards, police officials obtained a search warrant for Mr Mesiti’s former home. Alycia’s body was found in a grave beneath the backyard by cadaver-sniffing dogs. Three years had passed since her disappearance.

Only days after finding Alycia’s body, police authorities obtained a search warrant for Mesiti’s Los Angeles apartment and found a meth lab.

Mesiti was arrested and later convicted of manufacturing methamphetamine.

Alycia and her brother lived with Mesiti for nine months before she disappeared, despite repeated warnings filed by police authorities and child welfare workers.

Court appointed lawyers recommended only temporary placement with Mesiti due to ‘sufficient issues and risks to these minors,’ the Modesto Bee reports.

Views – 153