click picture to watch video
A former FBI special agent, who worked on some of the bureau’s most high profile cases including the 9/11 attacks and the Oklahoma bombing, faces twenty years in prison after being arrested on child pornography charges.
Donald Sachtleben, 54, who served the FBI as a bomb technician for 25 years, was charged with possessing and distributing child pornography.
The Indiana resident was arrested after the FBI and an Internet Crimes Against Children task force began investigating another individual who was allegedly trading child pornography online.
That individual, identified as Jason Nicoson from Illinois, was arrested in January.
After searching Nicoson’s computer, investigators were able to trace illegal activity to Sachtleben’s home in Carmel.
After obtaining a search warrant on May 3, police allegedly discovered approximately 30 images and video files containing child pornography on the hard drive of his laptop computer.
Charged: Sachtleben, 54, faces thirty years behind bars if convicted of the child pornography possession and distribution charges
Police interviewed Sachtleben’s wife, who denied knowing anything about the images on her husband’s computer, according to an affidavit released today by the U.S Attorney’s office in Indiana.
The indecent images found on Sachtleben’s computer allegedly match those which were discovered on Nicoson’s.
If convicted, Sachtleben faces up to 20 years behind bars for the distribution charge and up to 10 years for the possession charge.
Successful career: After retiring from an illustrious career in the FBI, Sachtleben began working in the Forensic Science department at Oklahoma State University, where he has been employed since last October
Both charges carry a fine of up to $250,000 and a lifetime supervised release.
‘Today’s announcement […]should make clear that no matter who you are, you will be brought to justice if you are found guilty of such criminal behavior,’ said US Attorney Joseph Hogsett.
Sachtleben retired from the FBI in 2008, after working on cases including the Unabomber case, the 1993 World Trade Center bombing and the USS Cole bombing, reported ABC News.
and currently works at Oklahoma State University in the Forensic Sciences department, where he has been employed since last October.
He is expected to appear in court on Thursday.
- School Bus Driver, A Former Teacher Admits That His Preference In Child Porn Is Males In Their Mid To Late Teens (innerisness.com)
- New York court rules viewing child pornography online not a crime (innerisness.com)
- Ga. Doctor Andrew Sutton Sentenced in Child Pornography Case (innerisness.com)
- White Male In Underwear Stabs His Computer With A Katana During Child Porn Raid (innerisness.com)
- white male ex cop jailed for filming bestiality (innerisness.com)
- white male, 29, who worked for animal shelter took pictures of himself having sex with girlfriend’s dog; also charged with possessing child pornography (innerisness.com)
Views – 179